Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Appraisal is in the Air

and its promotion time there. Here by "there" I mean the place you work where.

This is the time of the year when you wait for long waited results of your longer worked hours which you think were longest in your life.

....and this season comes every year.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here, by "here" I mean the place I study where, its different.

When I walked in to my college campus for the first time, I was surprised to see that it looks exactly like the photograph I saw on the website. Wow, it sounds good.

As I entered the classroom, I was surprised to see that it is air-conditioned, as it was said in a blog I checked before joining.

But, I do believe these things doesn't matter much when you join back a "School" after long Career in the Industry. Materialistic things becomes secondary and "Learning" takes the driver seat.

This way I was amazed to see what I saw here.

There are financial ratio analysis and ABC costing, communication skills and leadership classes. This all you get from at any b-school of any country. I was not surprised to see this. This was something I expected in a b-school.

The best part has been the "Beyond the classroom". I never expected that I will learn "Geeta" lessons in campus of premier b-school of India. I will get a chance to be posted at NGO for two weeks and work with them to help them. I never knew that I will learn administration in business school.

This has been enriching experience.

You can visit "Google" at anytime and find the formula for "Current ratio" but when it comes to solving a business dilemma of ethics and profits, doing a trade off between society and business, there is no formula, you have to inculcate it. This is something "Beyond the Class".

Learning takes a new level here in one year.

You get the real appraisal....and I tell you frankly, every day you are promoted.


No comments:

Post a Comment